There are endless benefits of sitting down and reading a good book – entertainment, stress relief, learning and expanding vocabulary, brain exercise and memory improvement and the list goes on.
Luckily, Merthyr Village has one of Queensland’s best bookshops in the centre which is a ‘go-to’ for locals and visitors alike when picking out their next book.
The team at Mary Ryan’s have put together their top 10 for October, check out the list below and then head in to pick up your next ‘can’t put down’ reading experience:
- Boy Swallows Universe by Trent Dalton
- The Testaments by Margaret Atwood
- The Dutch House by Ann Patchett
- The Secret Commonwealth by Philip Pullman
- The Body by Bill Bryson
- The Anarchy by William Dalrymple
- Talking to Strangers by Malcolm Gladwell
- The Weekend by Charlotte Wood
- Dark Emu by Bruce Pascoe
- Normal People by Sally Rooney