There are endless benefits of sitting down and reading a good book – entertainment, stress relief, learning and expanding vocabulary, brain exercise and memory improvement and the list goes on.
Luckily, Merthyr Village has one of Queensland’s best bookshops in the centre which is a ‘go-to’ for locals and visitors alike when picking out their next book.
The team at Mary Ryan’s have put together their top 10 for October, check out the list below and then head in to pick up your next ‘can’t put down’ reading experience:
- The Testaments by Margaret Atwood
- Three Women by Lisa Taddeo
- Boy Swallows Universe by Trent Dalton
- The Girl Who Lived Twice by David Lagercrantz
- Normal People by Sally Rooney
- The Overstory by Richard Powers
- The 117-Storey Treehouse by Andy Griffiths
- The Man Who Saw Everything by Deborah Levy
- Dark Emu by Bruce Pascoe
- Veg by Jamie Oliver