There are endless benefits of sitting down and reading a good book – entertainment, stress relief, learning and expanding vocabulary, brain exercise and memory improvement and the list goes on.
Luckily, Merthyr Village has one of Queensland’s best bookshops in the centre which is a ‘go-to’ for locals and visitors alike when picking out their next book.
The team at Mary Ryan’s have put together their top 10 for May, check out the list below and then head in to pick up your next ‘can’t put down’ reading experience:
- Boy Swallows Universe by Trent Dalton
- A Gentleman in Moscow by Amor Towles
- The Barefoot Investor by Scott Pape
- Ottolenghi Simple by Yotam Ottolenghi
- The Shepherd’s Hut by Tim Winton
- Metropolis by Philip Kerr
- Any Ordinary Day by Leigh Sales
- Normal People by Sally Rooney
- Redemption by David Baldacci
- Fing by David Walliams