There are endless benefits of sitting down and reading a good book – entertainment, stress relief, learning and expanding vocabulary, brain exercise and memory improvement and the list goes on.
Luckily, Merthyr Village has one of Queensland’s best bookshops in the centre which is a ‘go-to’ for locals and visitors alike when picking out their next book.
The team at Mary Ryan’s have put together their top 10 for June, check out the list below and then head in to pick up your next ‘can’t put down’ reading experience:
- Boy Swallows Universe by Trent Dalton
- Everything is F*cked by Mark Manson
- Normal People by Sally Rooney
- A Gentleman in Moscow by Amor Towles
- Ottolenghi Simple by Yotam Ottolenghi
- The Overstory by Richard Powers
- Pachinko by Min Jin Lee
- Any Ordinary Day by Leigh Sales
- The Shepherd’s Hut by Tim Winton
- Machines Like Me by Ian McEwan