There are endless benefits of sitting down and reading a good book – entertainment, stress relief, learning and expanding vocabulary, brain exercise and memory improvement and the list goes on.
Luckily, Merthyr Village has one of Queensland’s best bookshops in the centre which is a ‘go-to’ for locals and visitors alike when picking out their next book.
The team at Mary Ryan’s have put together their top 10 for July, check out the list below and then head in to pick up your next ‘can’t put down’ reading experience:
- Boy Swallows Universe by Trent Dalton
- Everything is F*cked by Mark Manson
- Plots and Prayers by Niki Savva
- The Overstory by Richard Powers
- Normal People by Sally Rooney
- The World’s Worst Teachers by David Walliams
- Big Sky by Kate Atkinson
- A Gentleman in Moscow by Amor Towles
- The Barefoot Investor by Scott Pape
- City of Girls by Elizabeth Gilbert