There are endless benefits of sitting down and reading a good book – entertainment, stress relief, learning and expanding vocabulary, brain exercise and memory improvement and the list goes on.
Luckily, Merthyr Village has one of Queensland’s best bookshops in the centre which is a ‘go-to’ for locals and visitors alike when picking out their next book.
The team at Mary Ryan’s have put together their top 10 for August, check out the list below and then head in to pick up your next ‘can’t put down’ reading experience:
- Three Women by Lisa Taddeo
- Boy Swallows Universe by Trent Dalton
- Everything is F*cked by Mark Manson
- The Overstory by Richard Powers
- The 117-Storey Treehouse by Andy Griffiths
- Normal People by Sally Rooney
- Plots and Prayers by Niki Savva
- The New Girl by Daniel Silva
- Too Much Lip by Melissa Lucashenko
- Good Girl Bad Girl by Michael Robotham