Merthyr Village sits in the heart of one of Brisbane’s oldest districts. A short tour around the neighbourhood will reveal all the wonderful character and history reminiscent of its many years.
However not wanting to be left behind, this old district has evolved and while preserving its history and culture, the last two decades has seen New Farm and its surrounds transform into a youthful and vivacious suburb. The result is a neighbourhood full of culture and vibrancy connected by a real sense of community.
While many locals might like to keep it a secret, New Farm is Brisbane’s to enjoy and along with Merthyr Village itself, New Farm has many attractions drawing people from all over Brisbane.
- New Farm Park
- Brisbane Powerhouse
- Powerhouse Farmer’s Markets
- Brisbane’s Moonlight Cinema
- New Farm Library
- New Farm & Districts Historical Society
- Merthyr Bowls Club;
- New Farm Bowls Club
- Powerhouse Park (Off-Leash Dog Friendly Park)
- Brisbane Riverwalk linking the CBD to New Farm and Teneriffe
- Wilson’s Lookout
- Brisbane’s finest Art Galleries.
Key Community Contacts
- Brisbane City Council 07 3403 8888
- Qld Police (Emergency) 000
- PoliceLink 13 14 44
- State Emergency Service 132 500
- TransLink 13 12 30
- Energex (Loss of Supply) 13 62 62
- Energex (Emergency) 13 19 62
- Energex (General) 13 12 53
- Local Member for Central Ward (Cr Vicki Howard) 07 3403 0254
- State Member for Brisbane Central (Robert Cavallucci MP) 07 3832 1322
- Federal Member for Brisbane (Teresa Gambaro MP) 07 3356 1555